Monday, February 1, 2010

Hunting cold weather Rabbits

I hunted Cottontail Rabbits in South Valley County. The temperatures hovered around the -15 mark all day. As the day wore on, I knew I was going to see an awesome sunset, if I could just bare the cold. My fingertips and toes were screaming in agony, as the vehicle's heater just couldn't keep up with the cold. By the time the sun set, I don't think I could have pulled a trigger if I was to see one last rabbit. I feel it was worth it though, as I got some great shots of the setting sun that day and some Rabbits to boot.

-





1 comment:

  1. Looks like some great shots! Did you fry up the rabbit? I like cottontails, havent tried one of the big jack rabbits yet, they look like they would be tough. Let me know if you have tried them. I use to sit and shoot the rabbits out of the garden and send the dogs to go get them!

    ReplyDelete

Montana Mule Deer

Montana Mule Deer